Saturday, March 26, 2011

BEST FRIEND???

I liked you the first time you smiled at me.
I may not admit it coz we met at the wrong time.
But i know i'm not being honest with myself,
until we became friends & got closer w/each other.
From then on we shared many things,
your pals & mine group into one, cause of us.

I thought then, i'd like you to be
My "Best Friend", even though
I'm aware of our differences,
Still i wanted it to be you,
Because that's how i valued you.
'Coz i thought, all the while
you also really like my company.
For i'm unconscious of the fact,
--- that you're suffocated already.

So, not knowing it would be the end of
our friendship w/c i've say, had just started.
Thought you cared enough that
you'd give me little importance
and remember me sometimes...

But i was wrong, very wrong.
And it hurts coz though you're aware ---
That i am already hurt inside
You still didn't show,
you cared for our friendship.
Instead, you've avoided me abruptly
and left me behind...
It hurts me a lot, i felt the
friendship was one-sided
and i've had to admit that too.

Guess the blame would be on me,
for not trying so hard to
get out of my dream world...
A world of make belief.
It's just perfect for me ---
'coz it happens every time i thought
i already had a person, that i can
consider one of my Best Friends.

I mold them to like me for,
who and what i am and would accept me.
And not for who and what they wanted
me to be, to understand me and be honest
with me as much as i am to them.
Not knowing that i'm already
over throwing myself... im so naive
that i couldn't actually please everyone.
Giving too much care, love, honesty
and trust hurts me, all over again.
It's then i realized, nobody cared enough,
even a bit as much as i did...

After all this time, i thought
You could be my best friend, or
so i thought you were... But damn it!
It's all the same with you.

And now i'm starting to feel sorry for myself.
Because what happened w/the others before
repeat itself with you again.
It's hard to face the truth but,
I know i had to blame myself, not you.
So, no use pretending that you're still here.
For now, it's just right to drift ---
In my own world again naturally...

To patch up the things that i've left,
But my hope is still there to have ---
A "Best Friend" just right here with me.
In spite of what happened between us,
i'm still hoping it is you.
But this time, it will be a different me.
For i already know my limitations and
for you've hurt me sooo deep.

I guess you're right, that
i must not show too much care for someone.
It might only frustrate me nor
suffocate a friend, ones more...
But i still thank thee, for i know you have
A part in improving me, as a better person, now...


Note: Originally Written last Feb. 25, 2001 and
          Posted on blogstream March 8, 2009

"...IF U DONT WANNA END UP W/A LOSING END,
LEARN TO VALUE & LOVE THE PERSON,
WHO BOTH VALUED & LOVED YOU.
CAUSE NOTHING IS FOREVER. ---
THOUGH LONG LASTING IS POSSIBLE,
BUT STILL NOT FOREVER..."

2 comments:

  1. It's better to be your true self and find a best friend who values you for who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. coz it's never worth it to change for someone else... And I've learned that from my own experienced... Thanks for always sharing me some words of wisdom. :)

    ReplyDelete